News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Fri 12th Nov 2021 10:33am   Last edited on Mon 17th Jan 2022 12:02pm

Mary Pedigo

Plot Twists of Lies

I can't imagine how I'll act if I learn that something that my loved one told me will end up being a lie. We're all humans, after all. There are a lot of parents who won't want to portray themselves as weak to their children. But these children grow old living and believing based on those ideals. Adults can illustrate themselves well to protect their ego, but that's selfish. How do you think you'd handle the situation when you learn that they lied concerning something important?

Added on Wed 8th Dec 2021 7:56pm   Last edited on Wed 8th Dec 2021 7:56pm

Sami Sia

That is a tough one. I have not ever been in this position. I have always been truthful with my family and friends. I have not uncovered any big lies from anyone either.
Added on Thu 9th Dec 2021 12:38am   Last edited on Thu 9th Dec 2021 12:38am

Ebony Clemmons

It's happened to me, and it was an awful feeling to sit with.  The big scandal gave me some perspective, though.  I'd never been so thankful that I'm not good at lying or donning a public mask.  I'm just me. 

Added on Fri 10th Dec 2021 10:48am   Last edited on Fri 10th Dec 2021 10:48am

Mary Pedigo

Hi Ebony! I'm sorry that you had to experience that. There's a thin line between learning from a situation and being eaten by it. So, I'm glad that you managed to work your way through the lies and even got some perspective. I wonder how liars would feel about their words, though.

Added on Mon 10th Jan 2022 12:12am   Last edited on Mon 10th Jan 2022 12:12am

Lana Sims

Reading this made me so anxious - then I remembered that I've lived a good, clean life and sighed in relief. Never before have I felt so happy that I'm boring.
Added on Mon 17th Jan 2022 12:02pm   Last edited on Mon 17th Jan 2022 12:02pm

Sarina Garrett

Based on my experiences, loved ones don't lie to you in order to hurt you. The hurt is an unintended consequence of the loved one lying because they are too weak to tell the truth about whatever. 

If you look at it from that perspective, the hurt tends to go away and leaves room for understanding.