News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Fri 22nd Oct 2021 1:04am   Last edited on Fri 12th Nov 2021 10:42am

CW Lewis

Radical Acceptance

I think it's becoming more common to be less judgmental and to accept other people, warts and all.  But one of the greatest things I'd like for my nieces and nephews to do, is to love themselves and embrace the idea of radical self-acceptance.  The thing is, I'm not sure what examples to give or how to describe the concept concisely.  Any pointers?   

Added on Wed 3rd Nov 2021 10:38am   Last edited on Wed 3rd Nov 2021 10:38am

Rhonda White

Hi, CW!  I like your idea and I agree that self-acceptance is important.  I believe that social media has made life harder on kids today than it was for my generation.  Anyway, I found this worksheet that might help with your task.

https://screening.mhanational.org/content/practicing-radical-acceptance/

Added on Tue 9th Nov 2021 12:50am   Last edited on Tue 9th Nov 2021 12:50am

Mary Pedigo

Reading the words "Radical Acceptance" reminds me of Lady Gaga's Interview on Oprah's platform. She emphasized radical acceptance as a way to manage her condition. Admitting certain things to ourselves is good in general because you'll find yourself worrying less once you do it.

Added on Fri 12th Nov 2021 10:42am   Last edited on Fri 12th Nov 2021 10:42am

Declan Middleton

I see how this can apply to accepting our limitations regarding things we can do, resources we have, and time available. To acknowledge that so well can help with our focus. I've gotten fewer worries after really seeing what I am to an extent. I also became more productive and satisfied with things that I get to finish instead of getting frustrated.