News
Veteran
Support
Invite Your
Friends to Join
Added on Mon 15th Feb 2021 8:04pm   Last edited on Tue 13th Jul 2021 12:53am

Marvin Morgan

Sharing memories

What do guys think about sharing memories when you have dementia?  Is it okay to share some of my old stories?  My memory is still okay, especially when it comes to the past.  What do you think?

Added on Mon 15th Feb 2021 10:30pm   Last edited on Mon 15th Feb 2021 10:30pm

Paul Jacobs

Dementia or not, no two people remember events exactly the same.  It doesn't matter whether you give an exact description.  Stories are entertaining and nice to hear whether they're grounded in fact or not.  I say go for it!

Added on Fri 9th Apr 2021 8:16am   Last edited on Fri 9th Apr 2021 8:16am

Raja Kapoor

I don't think it matters.  Your family will enjoy seeing your face and hearing your voice regardless of whether you have facts down correctly.  It will matter that you cared enough to make the video in the first place.

Added on Fri 4th Jun 2021 2:01am   Last edited on Fri 4th Jun 2021 2:01am

Matthew Dickson

You know, people are similar to books in a way, because of the stories they have inside. I'm always grateful when someone would open up about their thoughts no matter who they are. With people who have dementia, I'd be more than honored to know the memories they treasure the most. I managed to get a glimpse of the past through the stories that my great grandparents told us.

Added on Tue 13th Jul 2021 12:53am   Last edited on Tue 13th Jul 2021 12:53am

Crystal Greenwood

Yes, it's more than okay! Sharing about your life will mean a lot to people who care about you because it would be their only way of knowing about the experiences you value. For the years to come, it will be one of the things that will help inspire them to continue despite the hardships.